Full Stack Software Engineer (Python)
Job Title: Full Stack Software Engineer (Python)
Job Location: Reston, Virginia
Duration: 6 months contract with potential to extend (if performance warrants)
Mode: Remote Only
The Developer will be responsible for building software products and data pipelines, using an array of diverse technologies, including Node.js, React.js, and AWS. This position will work on a small team solving high-priority challenges relating to educational content development.
We are looking for a minimum 5-year candidate that has strong react (front) and python (back) preferably with AWS Lambda. “may” consider EC2 work with the right mix of other skills/experience, etc.
What you’ll do
- Build database-driven web apps from scratch to deployment
- Play supporting role in understanding business needs in context, from user perspective
- Support user-driven design of data models, APIs, and interfaces
- Support and maintain apps in production on the AWS cloud
- Follow best practices around version control, testing, and automated build processes
- BA/BS required (major in an analytical field desired)
- Minimum 5 years of experience with full stack development
- Minimum 2 years of experience with AWS, particularly Lambda, CloudFormation, ECS, EC2, IAM, RDS, and Cognito
- Fluency with CI/CD toolsets such as AWS Pipeline, AWS CodeBuild, CodeCommit, CodeDeploy, CloudFormation, Bitbucket, or Artifactory
- Working knowledge of AWS Serverless architecture
- Ability and enthusiasm to learn new technologies as required
- Excellent communicator with practical decision-making skills.
- Believer in consistent and thorough documentation
More about you
- Strong analytical thinking and structured problem-solving ability
- Experience using libraries and frameworks where it makes sense, while still understanding how each line in your code base works
- Ability to handle multiple projects and assignments simultaneously and effectively in a cross-functional team environment
- Ethos of continuous improvement and interest in learning new things
- Strong ability to understand and internalize the big-picture and broader implications
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skill with the ability to work with a diverse set of colleagues, across functions, from different organizations, disciplines, etc.
- Self-starter, ability to set priorities, work independently and attain goals
Interested candidates can apply with their detailed word formatted resume along with their contact information/ availability to email@example.com
Phone (off) – 630-689-2960 Ext 1121 or Text me at 571-932-8133