Immediate Hiring – Pharmacy Tech | Cherokee Nation, OK |Long-term Contract
Job Title: Pharmacy Tech
Location: Cherokee Nation, OK
Duration: 12 months
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Selects, labels appropriately, and processes all medication requests including requests for floor stock. Assures that all prepared medication requests are checked by a pharmacist before delivery. Delivers all medications promptly.
- Under the direct supervision of a Registered Pharmacist, extemporaneously compounds preparations, completing all required documentation.
- Operates and documents all use of unit dose machine.
- Fill prescriptions in a timely manner in accordance with State and Federal laws and regulations. Completes all associated paperwork, billing and charging. Operates cash register and credit card machine.
- Generates and fills automated dispensing machine (Omnicell) re-stock lists.
- Accurately prepares paperwork, selects correct product and completes all processes for dispensing of all Controlled Substances. Delivers finished product.
- Receives, stocks/shelves accurately returned medications, orders from manufacturers, wholesaler and warehouse. Maintains stock replacement list for Inventory Control Specialist, replenishes stock as needed.
- Answers telephone promptly, identifies self and job title, speaks clearly, takes/gives concise directions/messages.
- Participates in departmental and hospital performance improvement activities (BPI projects, task forces, etc) when appropriate.
- Accurately fills “anesthesia bags”, processes and completes all paper work.
- Other duties as assigned. Assists when needed, takes initiative to seek outs what needs to be done. Assists in keeping the pharmacy neat.
- Completes assigned monthly pharmacy check for outdates.
- Accurately fill and delivers cassettes.
- Makes specific rounds to pick up and deliver floor stock. Delivers medications promptly when requested by Registered Pharmacist.
- Maintains all QC logs (temperature, hood cleaning).
- HIPPA compliant.
Current Pharmacy Technician License.