Digital Scripts , Inc.
US IT Staffing Company
Title : JAVA Developer
Duration : Long Term
Location : Minneapolis, MN
Client : Ameriprise Financial
Candidate will be responsible for
- Design and develop high-volume, low-latency RESTFul micro services for mission-critical systems with quality.
- Making enhancements to various Java and RESTFul service APIs that meets business and auditing requirements.
- Research and evaluate alternative solutions and make recommendations on improving the product to meet business and information risk requirements.
- Evaluate service level issues and suggested enhancements to diagnose and address underlying system problems and inefficiencies.
- Participate in full development lifecycle activities for the product (coding, testing, release activities).
- Support Release activities on weekends as required.
- Support any application issues reported during weekends.
- Coordinating day-To-day activities for multiple projects with onshore and offshore team members.
- Ensuring the availability of platform in lower environments.
- Strong footprint In the Definition, Design, And Delivery of Java/J2EE applications including knowledge of software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- 6+ years of experience in developing Web Services using Java/J2EE technologies like Spring, Hibernate/ORM.
- Development experience with RESTful services and/or Microservices would be a plus.
- Should have strong OOAD and Design Patterns understanding and its hands-on implementation.
- Should possess strong knowledge and be hands-on with version control tools like Stash/GIT.
- Should possess knowledge in Oracle/IBM DB2 databases.
- Ability to independently code advanced and complex programs in a “matrix” organization.
- Ability to test (Test NG/JUnit) and debug advanced code independently.
- Should have a very good understanding of Agile/Scrum cycle development.
- Exposure to application lifecycle management tools and techniques is desired.
- Knowledge on AKKA Framework would be an added advantage.
- Experience in delivering projects that meet Quality, Schedule, Milestone and Budget commitments.
- Ability to develop Creative and Innovative solutions and adjust quickly to shifting priorities, multiple demands, ambiguity and rapid Change.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate with various levels of Management and with experience in translating detailed analysis into high-level business requirements.
- Strong Interpersonal skills with a history of maintaining good working relationships with Business Partner Teams and other Technology stake holders.
- Should be self-motivated and demonstrate a high level of commitment.