Site Reliability Engineer
Title: Site Reliability Engineer
- Build and maintain production systems of a data services healthcare company funded by leading institutional and corporate investors in the healthcare space.
- Maintain highly scalable, high-performant infrastructure on GCP/AWS
- Work with application, infrastructure, product, and Security teams to ensure smooth launches while meeting proper security gates.
- Study workload characteristics and design a sizing infrastructure solution for a given Engineering architecture.
- Troubleshoot, debug, and diagnose operational issues and drive them to closure.
- Design and automate BCP like Backup, HA and DR policies.
- Analyze, observe, and understand system bottlenecks and fine tuning the systems.
- Debugging problems in production and test environments.
- Work with development and support teams to develop root cause analysis for production outages and performance problems.
- Develop automation to improve process efficiency and effectiveness.
- Willingness to dive-in supporting Cloud SaaS environment as a part of 24×7 cloud operations team.
- Define, Measure, and improve Reliability Metrics (SLO/SLI), Observability (Monitoring, Logging-Tracing solutions), Op’s process (Incident, Problem Mgmt.) and streamline – automate release management.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills.
- 5+ years of experience in Site reliability engineering or systems engineering.
- Experience in Google Cloud Platform. Experience in other cloud technology platforms like AWS are a plus.
- Expertise using one or more languages (Terraform, Python, Java, PowerShell), and source control management tools like Git.
- Experience in managing production systems, or any DevOps role.
- Experience running full stack application deployments and infrastructure cloud services (Storage, VMs, Network, etc.).
- Experience in cloud management or micro-service architecture and related technologies like Docker, Kubernetes etc.
- Knowledge of APIs, JSON, HL7
- Good knowledge of various Linux environments (Ubuntu, Centos, Debian and RedHat), as well as familiarity with Windows OS’s.
- Strong analytical skills and passion to solve problems.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Engineering, or Computer Science from an accredited college or university.